Sunday 23 August 2015

Long Lasting Hair Colour





I am absolutely in love with my hair colour being this Purple Pink. I started out wanting an InTheFrow Lilac Pastel colour, however I decided to try my luck with this colour and I prefer it 100%. In the above photo the colour is at its brightest, and in the below photo it's a few washes in; so you can see it washes out quite quickly.

My solution to this is using only conditioner as the sulphate in shampoo washes out the colour. You can use a non sulphate shampoo but they are hard to come by as the sulphate makes the shampoo froth up and lather. The conditioner will wash your hair just as well but it could start to make your roots greasy. I have not experienced this but it can be a side effect. I was unaware that this is actually a thing, its called CO-WASHING and people do it for all different reasons. Two things are for certain, my hair colour lasts a long time and my hair feels more silky smooth than has before.

I don't use a special conditioner, I just use the Tresemme Colour Revitalise Colour Fade Protection Conditioner.  It retails at £5.24 and can be purchased on the highstreet and in your local Super Stores. I know Asda often do 2 for £5 and as they are 900ml they do tend to last a long time.




If you have coloured hair and are fed up with it fading everytime you wash it then try this, it might work for you.

Katy xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment