Wednesday 12 August 2015

ROOT TOUCH UP AT HOME | UNDER £5.00



As my hair is naturally blonde I have to darken my roots quite often so this needs to be quick, effortless and cheap. I use the Clairol Root Touch Up in the shade Dark Brown. It comes with gloves, a root brush, a small container and two solutions that you mix together, it is very self explanatory. It is the perfect amount of product for thick hair like mine as it's goes a long way, and at £4.69 it is a brilliant price considering a salon would probably charge 5 × that amount.



I do like to wear an old T-shirt, lay an old towel on the floor as my carpet is cream and keep some face wipes close by. You can apply Vaseline around the hairline before you apply the dye and that will protect the skin. 


Once I have prepped my space I only use two things, a comb and a clip which most girls have anyway. This is to split the hair into sections and clip the rest of the hair up whilst you focus on applying the dye to the chosen section.


You can only see my roots slightly due to the lighting but my hair is naturally brighter in person. I can get away with my roots for sometime as the colour blends into my parting but this only works for so long.


When dying your roots you need to ensure you are not going past the line where your root ends otherwise it's going to dye the other hair darker and this will start to look a bit strange.

ROOT DYE ROUTINE

1. Apply the hair dye to the parting 
2. Use the pointy side of the comb to pull up a thin section of hair, approximately a fingers width
3. Carry on this routine throughout the hair 

You may need some help the first few times at the back of the head but I have learnt to use my fingers on my left hand as a reference point and apply the dye with my right hand. This will get easier the more you do this.


Wash and blow dry your hair, you can see in the photo above that my roots look a lot darker and it all blends in with the rest of my hair.


I hope you like this short budget root touch up tutorial on how to dye your roots at home.

Katy xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great blog... I am impressed with you taking time to post a nice info. Looking for the best root retouch services? Our hairstylist applies color over roots to blend natural hair with colored hair. Visit us now!

    ReplyDelete