Sunday 2 August 2015

DIY Pink Ombre Hair at Home | Under £10.00

I am head over heels in love with the rainbow and pastel hair colours at the moment. After not dying my hair for 2 years to let it recuperate I decided I was going to go for a bright bold purple. I was returning home to Sheffield and I always tend to get my hair done when I'm up north as its significantly cheaper. When I had my hair coloured at the salon it was a very deep dark grey purple and I did like it but it was nothing like I wanted. A part of me felt like I had just wasted £70 on getting something done which I didn't go in for, its like when you buy an expensive product and its rubbish. It did start to wash out after a few weeks and eventually I was left with this Grey/Blonde Ombre with hint of lilac. I really started to hate it as it looked like a really dirty colour, I asked a friend who is a hairdresser if she could get it purple for me but she was booked up for 8 weeks; I definitely wasn't waiting that long!


I made the decision to take the plunge and experiment with a box dye. The dye I chose is a very vivid and beautiful colour, it is the Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL HD Ultra Brights in 94 Purple Punk. At first I was very nervous as I have been told Schwarzkopf colours are quite hard to get out of your hair. At this point my hair was quite light so I thought it would lay on my hair easily. Myself and my friend Helen who volunteer to help me, mixed the colour with quite a lot of condition to dilute the colour so it didn't come out super bright. Helen applied the dye to my hair and then I washed and then blow it, we were both very disappointed with the colour. The purple did not taken at all, we put it down to too much condition and my hair needed to be lighter.


At that point we made a plan to dip dye it blonde and then apply the purple with a small amount of conditioner. So a few days later we did just that, the blonde ombre was the L'Oreal Paris Feria Extreme Ombre in the Shade E02 Extreme Platinum Blonde. This is your normal box dye that you have to mix yourself and this set comes with what they call the Expert Brush. I am 100% in love with this thing, its the perfect brush for ombre hair dyes; it just combs the product through the hair creating a perfect gradient. 


The purple was next but unfortunately my camera battery died, I really do need to purchase a spare one. This means I was unable to film Helen putting the purple into my hair but it is the same process of how Helen applied the blonde in my hair. When Helen had finished the colour had been on my hair for 20 minutes or so, but I wanted to give it another 20 minutes to really soak in.

I was so happy when I dried and styled my hair, the gradient was flawless and a lot people I know made it clear that it looked better than what a professional salon did. That was quite a nice thing to hear as it was completely an experiment. I didn't really know how it was going to come out or if I would like it at all.

The Purple Punk is now £3.50 and the Extreme Ombre is £6.49, both from Boots. That is a total price of £9.99 for a statement hair colour.

The Purple Punk is 100% a type of Pink, I would never call it purple but it does have some tones of purple in. I think it all depends on the shades of your blonde before you put the colour on.

Please watch the step by step tutorial on my channel for my new Pink Ombre Hair.



If you like this hair colour and DIY please Rate, and Subscribe to my Channel for more videos.

Katy xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I've bought that recently, I hope my hair will looks such awesome like yours :)

    ReplyDelete