Thursday 2 July 2015

Butterfly Tropics


Hey Loves,
My makeup looks do tend to vary but generally I am all for a nice dewy skin and a natural cut crease eye. I did feel it was time to mix things up and create some alternative looks. I created this look for the Nyx Face Awards, however when I found out about this look I was visiting my family in Sheffield so I had none of my Youtubing equipment to create a video. After borrowing my mum’s camera and a tripod I had left at her house I managed to create a small tutorial for the competition, but then I had nothing to edit quick enough to get a video complete and uploaded. This look was based on a variety of different eyeshadows and coloured liquid eyeliner that I found in my old makeup stash. I only found out about the Nyx Face Awards once I was back in Sheffield so I only had my everyday makeup. Nothing to create a stand out look.



I do love the colourful contour of this look and the bold block winged eyeliner. It's a very tropical themed colour scheme with the shape of butterfly wings, hence the title. This wasn't planned but as I made my way through this look it became apparent where this look was going and how beautifully it all came together.


I was extremely happy with it considering I had no plans for this look, none of my normal equipment or makeup with me at the time; some things are better not planning. It's the surprise of what can come from a spur of the moment creation. I love how bright it is, obviously it's not your average Saturday night makeup but it's the creative thinking behind looks like these that feature in high fashion and beauty shoots.

Products used:

Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation | 100 Ivory
Maybelline Eye Eraser | Light
Maybelline Matte Maker | 10 Classic Ivory
Sleek Eye Dust (Contour Colours, Eyeshadow & Cupids Bow Highlight) | 690 So Sleek | 682 Jet Set
The Balm Mary-Lou Illuminating Highlight
True Gold Liquid Eyeliner | 03 Blue
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil | Covet
New Look Pure Colour Waterproof Ink Eyeliner | Black
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara | Black
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade | Medium Brown
Makeup Revolutions Amazing Lipstick | Crime


I hope you like this look, if you would like to see more looks like this one then please leave your comments below. I do apologise if the photos are not as clear as usual, as I said I didn't have my equiptment at the time so I had to improvise.

Chat Soon My Little Loves
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment