Friday 15 May 2015

Eyeshadow Pink Winged Eyeliner



I have been loving the bright bold winged eyeliner look recently and especially now with the release of the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Cream Colours. This trend seems to be all over my  instagram feed and the selection of bright colours are perfect for a simplistic summer look. 

However in the UK Anastasia Beverly Hills products are not easy to get hold of and they can be quite pricey. A cheap alternative is using eyeshadow, any eyeshadow that is quite pigmented and the more vibrant the colour the better. This is the method I have used in the past to get the similar results to the colourful winged eyeliner craze that is slowly becoming more and more popular.




Products Used:

MAC Fix+
Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Mermaids Vs Unicorn (Bergundy | 8th shade)
BonBon Solo Angled Brush

This Palette has such a beautiful collection of colours and the Makeup Revolution Palettes are so good for the money. This one was only £4.00 and there are so many palettes to choose from with different shades and textures. The MAC Fix+ makes a colour instantly brighter and adds a slight sheen to the texture. This technique can be used with an eyeshadow or highlighter.



First I sprayed my angled brush with MAC Fix+ and then swept my brush along the Burgundy colour in the Makeup Revolutions Palette. I did test this on my hand first to make sure not too much product had been picked up as the brush wants to glide and not pull along the skin otherwise its going to bumpy and jerky. The edge needs to look tidy and sleek like liquid eyeliner. Once Ive got the desired shape I pick up more of the colour and pat it on top of the already applied eyeliner. This is only to create a deep colour but you want to make sure you are not applying lumps of product as this will appear quite thick and cakey.


This is a strong eye but it can look quite casual if you shorten the wing and tone down the colours. Personally I love this look and I will start to wear different colours as part of this style. I think it is a solid trend for Summer 2015. It is bold, beautiful and very easy to do.

If you like this look then please leave your comments below and if you are loving this trend make sure you tag me in your posts on Instagram @katyeharmston or Twitter @katyharmston.

Chat Soon
Katy
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment